Tuesday 16 August 2016

Here i am again.

How many blogs can one person start? 
So yes, this is my second attempt at running a blog, but i am going to try hard to make this one work with a new chapter of my life just beginning, i wanted to find a way to document my experience at university (maybe avoiding stereotypical freshers photos but I'm not promising anything)I also wanted a way to share my ideas and work through blogging. 

Moving approx 208 miles away to Brighton to study Fashion communication with business studies is going to be a massive step for me, as i might not be the most independent individual, but i hope that this move will help me develop as a person and prove that i can get a career in something that I'm passionate about. I'm not going to start writing something cliche about how "..." is a career I've wanted since i can remember because as a young adult i still don't know what career i want, which is completely normal, but i do know what i want out of life and these goals keep me striving to be creative and hope that one day i can make a career out of something I'm truly passionate about.

So A brief history lesson of Hannah's past, i spent 2 years taking a fashion course at college where i studied fashion design, pattern cutting, illustration, branding, printing and brief sessions in photography and i found my interests (design ,digital illustration and photography and branding) and i found my weaknesses *cough* pattern cutting but i still wasn't ready for uni and had nowhere near enough work for a portfolio so spent another year at a different college studying art and design where i worked on my sketchbooks,illustration as well as having the idea to start my own brand where I(and help from a friend)came up with the name Tell This Cat- which is word play on my surname "Cattell".I was so pleased with the work and progress i made from this years course even though there was a few problems along the way i managed to create a portfolio that was good enough to get me a place at 3 different universities. With my families dismay i picked the Sea-side town of Brighton where it hopefully will help me get my foot in the door in the fashion industry.

I'm hoping this is vaguely interesting and having a blog will help me with my written work for uni as this is something i can struggle with , criticising and analysing my own work as well as artists and designers I'm inspired by on this blog will help me a lot. Also a good way to share my multiple creative ideas that scramble my brain everyday.

So this is about all i wanted to say in my first blog post and hope that there will be many more to come. I Don't know what type of post you can expect next but i will put 100% of my effort into for you to enjoy. I'm going to put all my links to my other work and Instagram

Many thanks 

Tell this Cat 

Personal 
http://leia-hannah.tumblr.com/
https://www.instagram.com/hannahleia/

Tell This Cat 
https://facebook.com/tellthiscat/
https://www.instagram.com/tellthiscat/
https://tellthiscat.tumblr.com/

Portfolio 
http://hannahcattellportfolio.tumblr.com/


Why dont you Tell This Cat something witty,
While I make you something pretty!
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment